Monday, January 26, 2009

Blogging on my mind

I sure dropped the ball on this last week. But I posted in my mind frequently. Here's the recap:

Thursday: After two days with no homeschool because we had snow, (Of course, we took off of homeschool. My kids would've mutineed if I'd made them do school instead of play in the snow for the first time in 5 years!!!) the boys and I found it very difficult to get in the groove. "Please, Mom can't we wait a few more minutes..." And since I wasn't really in the mood I'd say, "Oh, just a few more minutes, but we are doing school today!"

We did do our school work, but it would've been a much better day if we'd gotten up and gotten right on it.

Friday: In my Bible time I was reading in Genesis about Jacob. I was reading how he agreed to work for seven years to be able to marry Rachel. This verse jumped off the page at me: "So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her." Genesis 29:20

Boy, wouldn't it be great if I loved Rex that well. Or if I loved my kids that well. Or if I loved my church that well. Or if I loved my Jesus that well. The truth is sometimes (often) I take my eyes off Jesus and

I focus on:
my dishpan hands, the mountain of laundry that I knock down for what seems like just moments before it regrows, the unrelenting task of raising children for God's glory and how often I fall short, how long it's been since I've been to an adult Sunday School class, how I'll never measure up.

Instead of:
the many opportunities to bless my husband by caring for our home, that children are a gift from God and my years to raise them are short and will end soon, the privilege of sharing Jesus with young eyes, that God's grace is sufficient for me.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9


I think I'll save my thoughts on Saturday for tomorrow's post.

No comments: