Tuesday, October 6, 2009

In eight months, I'll be.....

FORTY!!! It occurred to me yesterday that eight months from today I will have my fortieth birthday. It also occurred to me that 40 is the age that "they" say everything starts to fall apart. (It probably is not coincidental that I was using the elliptical during this brainstorm.)

I have a choice to make. I can turn 40 in bad physical health, tired and out of shape (remember, I was on the elliptical.) OR I can turn 40 in the best shape of my life. I'm not talking weight, necessarily. This is more about how I feel.

I'm making a committment to myself and to God to work on how much exercise and rest I get, to eat better quality food, and to love on my family and to be as devoted to God as I can possibly be. I know that for much of my life I've not done all that I could to be healthy, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

I know God has lots for me to do. I want to be able to do those things well with passion. It's hard to have passion if you don't feel well. I hope I'll have lots of grandbabies one day, and I want to have lots of energy to enjoy them. When my youngest children are grown, I want to enjoy my empty nest and time with my husband.

So, my 40th birthday present to me is improved health and quality of life!!! What do you need to do for yourself today? Don't wait!!! Whatever it is that will improve the quality of your life and maybe even the quantity of your life start working toward it one step at the time, today!

Happy Birthday!!!!

No comments: